Ten-Minute Oil Change
Engine Oil Change
Changing your engine oil regularly is the easiest, most cost-effective maintenance possible, to keep your vehicle running well for years to come.
So how often should you come in? That depends on:
- Where you drive. If you’re on frequent short trips (less than 20km), stop and go traffic, gravel roads, driving in severe winter weather or at sustained speeds in hot weather, follow the industry-wide recommendation: change your oil every 5,000 kms.
- How often you drive. If you’re an infrequent driver (maybe you carpool or you take transit often), consider changing your engine oil every 8,000 kms.
Oil Change Packages
- We’ll help you determine what your vehicle needs most.
- Conventional – Regular oil changes should be made at 5,000 km or 3 months intervals, (whichever comes first). Our House Oil Valvoline Premium offers a full line of premium conventional motor oils that are specially formulated. They are available in multi-viscosity and mono-grade formulations. Multi-viscosity grade is ideal for varying climates (including Canada’s coldest climes) while mono-grade oils are formulated for warmer conditions. All Valvoline oils are formulated with advanced additive technology and premium base oils for high performance and an enhanced engine life.
- Semi-Synthetic – Get the benefits of synthetic oil at a low price. Semi-synthetic oil is available from Valvoline and most major brands (great for cold starts!).
- Full Synthetic – Full synthetic oils offer the best protection against engine wear, cold temperature start-ups and high-revving, high-temperature engines.
- Other Brands – Have a favourite? Many of our outlets carry a variety of major brands of top quality motor oils, including Castrol, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Valvoline and many, many more. Please contact your favourite location for details on brand name oils.
- Oil Filters – We use Valvoline Premium Filters (Fram) because they’re an industry standard and warranty-approved.
- Engine Flush – If it’s been awhile since your last oil charge, it may be time for a flush. We’ll banish built-up sludge and grime from your engine in one quick step. Using a safe, specialty oil, we empty your crankcase, replace with the ‘Oil Flush’, let your car idle for 10 minutes to clean out every corner, drain the flush and replace with your choice of our premium oils.
21 Point Visual Inspection
When it comes to maintenance, we won’t miss a thing. That’s because with every oil change package, the 21 Point Inspection Service will spot any issues or maintenance needed.
What we check:
- If air filter replacement is required
- If windshield washer fluid is low
- If wiper blade replacement is required
- Power steering fluid levels
- Engine coolant levels
- If the serpentine belt needs replacing
- If the cabin air filter needs replacing (if applicable)
- PCV valve (if applicable)
- PCV filter (if applicable)
- Are the headlights fully operational
- Levels of transmission fluid/transaxle fluid
- If the brake fluid is low
- Is a front differential fluid top-up or change needed (if applicable)
- Is a rear differential fluid top-up or change needed (if applicable)
- Wear on the tires/ air pressure (please request)
- How are the shocks performing (please request)
- Is the exhaust functioning well (please request)
- U-joints (if applicable)
- Axle boots (if applicable)
- If the transfer case fluid is low (if applicable)
- Any leaks of fluids/oil